Dear Guest Contributor,
Thank you for your interest in guest blogging for Careers.org. Since its debut in 1995, Careers.Org has worked to become the best source for employment, job search and career education information across the world. With its re-launch in 2015, Careers.org has updated its appearance while dramatically refining and expanding upon its content. Careers.Org has everything people need to start, change, or energize their careers.
Currently, we have two goals:
Our short term goal is to provide quality content in our blog for our readers who are serious about finding the right career or gaining new and better skills to give them the unique edge to stand out from the crowd and succeed in attaining the position that is most fulfilling to them. Contributors can either help us by being one-time guest contributors or on-going contributors.
Our long term goal is to provide a community of experts such as yourself to connect to our job seekers. We will develop a panel of Career Counselors through our blogging platform that we hope to build up from our short term goal who will then work individually with job-seekers through our website.
With over 250,000 unique visitors to our website per month, this is a unique opportunity for you as a career coach or expert in your field to get your content out on a larger platform. In each article you write, we will include your name, picture, and a short bio. In addition, we will spotlight one article in each of the following categories below in our weekly newsletter, which currently reaches over 30,000 readers both nationally and internationally.
We are currently looking to hire guest contributors who have experience or expertise in the following fields:
- Resume Building
- Personal Branding
If so, continue on to the next page to see the requirements and guidelines that we have set for our contributors.
- Currently, all developed articles are to be sent to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include the following at the end of each article you develop: (for example, see end of guidelines document)
- Full name
- Short biography
- Personal website/blog link
- Appropriate picture if you have one.
- Please include at least three keywords that indicate the general subject of the article.
- Our goal is to provide original content to our readers. As a result, we ask that you send us articles that are uniquely for Careers.org. However, you are allowed to upload your articles on your own personal website or blog. However,Careers.org will not accept multiple submissions (articles that are simultaneously submitted to other publications).
- Each article should be between 500-1000 words.
- Articles should be as jargon-free as possible. Terminology and acronyms that are not well-known should be defined for people not experienced in that field to understand.
- We encourage organized brevity; we recommend a standard article with 3-4 points of discussion although feel free to pursue whichever style fits you best.
- If you would like a specific quote or statistic to be emphasized, please emphasize with a font that is at least “three sizes” greater than your normal font size and bolded; the sentence(s) will be published as a pull quote.
- Each article has the option of having one copyright and royalty free picture that relates to your topic included.
- If one is not provided, we will provide you with an appropriate photo from our digital collection
- All queries will be responded within 24 business hours Monday through Friday. If you do not receive a response within 3 days, please follow up to ensure your request has been received.
- If an article is selected to be published, guest contributors will receive the publication date within 5 business days, and the article will be published within the next 10 days. 2/3 Guest Contributor Guidelines
- For on-going contributors*, you will be receiving a Google drive folder to upload your article. Articles from on-going contributors will be published within 5 business days.
- For one-time contributors only: submissions that do not meet our focus or our target audience and that are not selected for review will be responded to within 14 days.
*Those who send us developed articles consistently over time will be invited to continue on as our on-going contributors and will, then, receive priority consideration for our Career Counselors panel.
We are looking to create long-term relationships with our guest contributors. If you feel you have valuable advice, tips, and/or experience to share with our readers, please fill out this Google form.
The Digital Marketing Manager, Josh Park, will be contacting you shortly once we receive your response.
If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, please feel free to email Josh at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in helping us achieve our visions! We look forward to working with you in the future.
Careers.org team Please include your information at the end of each article. If you need an example, please refer to this as a guideline.